Episode 1
Late American President Roosevelt had said that 'the biggest fear in you is the fear to get feared'. People admit. I too used to believe it. But no more now.
It's half past twelve in night, but I am still alive, waiting for the arrival of dawn. Every passing second is seeming to be like an hour. My tireless mind is struggling to stay alive at this period of night. It doesn't matter how much you have studied, that how much modern you are, when you face harsh truths of nature which are hard to believe for a 21st century human being.
My name is Gautam Bhardwaj, a software engineer by profession and a part time writer. It all started two years ago, when I was in Pune for the publishing of my first novel. I had just arrived at the place and was straight-away heading to the main branch office of 'Sparrow Books Publishing House' to meet Mr. O.P Pathak, branch manager of Sparrow Books, Pune. My book was facing some copyright issues related to it's name( 'The Mystery Woman' it was, pretty unique as per I think). After that I needed to meet the editor myself to sort out the issue completely. My parents, especially my father is very supportive towards my art. He used to tell me when I was young that a time comes in everyone's life when a person takes a path ruled by his heart, not by wit. It is up-to destiny that whether this path leads you to the doors of heaven or doom.
I was tired after a long and gruelling journey but I had no time to rest. I was dragging my weary legs towards the bus stand which was overtly crowded. The strike of the taxis and autorikshaws further aroused resentment in my weary soul. But despite of all this I was determined to reach my destination.The breezy weather was the only relief for me at that time. though the place was densely crowded, but still it wasn't noisy. Most of the people were seeming to be IT Professionals( as I guessed looking at their dress code) and I felt secured to be along with the people of my community. Barring two or three of them, I found the overall crowd the most decent one I had ever saw in my life. My tireless mind began to compare the crowds of Delhi and Pune, their contrasting characters and attitude and stuff like that. My heart got filled with appreciation for the people of Pune for such a fine display of discipline at a heavily concentrated place.
But the pull of my praises got thrashed as soon as the bus arrived. The sober looking crowd mobbed the bus even before it stopped. The conductor was thrown out of the bus and the driver saw himself seated along with two old fat ladies. I was too weak and tired that I was thrown down on the ground. To prevent further damage to my tired body, I secluded myself from the crowd and went on to watch that mad rush from a safe distance.They were screaming, abusing, fighting with each other and were making me wonder that why the hell I called them sober and sophisticated.
The bus got jam packed and was about to leave the station when I heard somewhere from the crowd that it was the last bus that had arrived at this stop. Before I could think over it, I found myself running towards the bus. Luckily, I saw some standing space available and I took no time to capture it. Though only half of my body was inside the bus, I found myself lucky that I was about to meet the purpose of this errand.
After some terrible shaking and hiccups, the bus got started. I was holding the bar near the door so as to prevent falling off again. The bus was slowly gaining pace when I heard someone screaming to stop the bus from behind. I turned around to see the person. But in the process I lost my grip over the bar and once again I found myself on the road. I got a cut on my right elbow and it started bleeding profusely. Suddenly I felt somebody's presence near me. I turned around to see the person. She was a girl, or woman I say, the same one who was screaming to stop the bus.
"Excuse me, are you all right?"
TO BE CONTINUED.........
Apart from few grammatical errors, it looked great for the build-up of an interesting story! :)
ReplyDeleteI agree. But to be very honest I had written this plot almost a half and two years ago. I didn't revised the plot even once and put it on the blog as it is. But I'll make sure that the next episode is error free and much more crisper.
DeleteA nice plot...hope that u minimise ur errors in phrases...nd plz emphasise ur reaction between the Roosevelt's quote nd ur plot...excited fr next episode;)
ReplyDeleteHave patience bud. The phrase is written with a purpose and will eventually be the tagline of the story. Will publish next episode soon. Thanks for reading by the way.
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
Delete